Why Radiologists Need Professional Transcription Services?
Radiologists looking for ways to cut costs and enhance the quality of patient care are increasingly opting for outsourcing their transcription needs to radiology transcription companies, which gives them the advantage of receiving timely, accurate and secure healthcare data.
With radiologists striving to cut costs and enhance effectiveness, outsourcing seems to have become a necessity today. Due to the urgent nature of the treatment; a radiologist generally requires quick processing of medical imaging scanning results, and professional radiology transcription companies can easily provide timely and accurate services.
Why opt for professional services – Industry facts …
- While the workload for radiologists is increasing by 6% per annum; radiologists in the US are by only 2% per annum
- There is expected to be a 140% increase in imaging procedures per annum amidst Medicare population by 2020
- By outsourcing to a professional radiology transcription company healthcare providers can save 30-40% on transcription costs
How does it work?
- Radiologists first record all clinical observation in their palm-held digital recorder
- Once complete the dictation is transferred to the radiology transcription company, which is then uploaded on to the server from where professional radiologists start transcribing into written documents
- After the documents are transcribed they are cross-checked by editors and medical experts before delivery and transcripts are prepared as per specifications
- The final documents are uploaded on the server, and the radiologist is informed after which they can log in to the server to downloaded and view the document
Radiology transcription services entail transcription of SOAP notes each day, along with follow-up notes, summaries and evaluation reports. Accurate transcripts can be provided for various types of reports which include- MRI, PET Scans, CT, X-rays and so on. Medical experts and editors ensure high quality and accuracy of the final documents.
Advantages of outsourcing radiology transcription services-
By opting for specialized transcription services radiologists manage to secure considerable savings. With their documentation responsibilities reduced healthcare centers are able to avert expenses which would otherwise be required to maintain in-house transcription infrastructure. It also helps lower overheads along with providing round the clock support. Saved time and resources can be directed towards other investment areas rather than on huge amounts of money spent on training manpower for transcribing and for buying the necessary dictation equipment and other related infrastructure.
Along with lesser investment of staff, services of skilled professionals can be availed who are utilizing the latest technology, and eventually allowing the firm to focus on its core business activities of patient care.
Other benefits include-
- Work completed in quick turnaround time
- Higher profitability ratio
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Streamlines business operations efficiently
- Reduction of transcription delays
- Advanced dictation tools and technical assistance
- Increase in operational control
- Affordably priced services
- Streamlined clinical and administrative tasks
- HIPAA compliance and patient data confidentiality
By outsourcing, hospitals and private practices are able to update and organize their radiology reports with ease. Providers with reduced documentation challenges are able to access reports when necessary; in turn, enhancing patient care.
Acquiring professional transcription services makes it easier for radiologists to focus on their clinical tasks; while the resources saved through are used for other core issues. Radiology transcription outsourcing can be utilized by various medical specialties including, Radiology, Oncology, Pathology, Neurology, Research, Urology, and Pharmacology. Currently, there are a large number of service providers who have started enjoying the benefits of opting for professional transcription services from leading radiology transcription companies at competitive rates.